Thursday, April 24, 2014

Training for a 5K




Doppler is training for a 5K. We’re doing the Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community to support Susquehanna Service Dogs on May 17. Now, Doppler weighs 37.4 pounds, and there is no way I’m carrying his furry butt more than 400 meters. So we’ve been going for long walks to get him used to walking long distances without pulling. On Saturday, we walked close to three miles, and on Sunday, we did about two and a half. Doppler’s a pretty good little walker.

The Highmark Walk is one of SSD’s biggest fundraisers, and Doppler and I are trying to raise $500. I don’t usually like asking people for money. But Susquehanna Service Dogs is something I really care about. They’re making a huge difference in people’s lives. And because I really care about SSD, I’m going to ask you for money. Here it goes:


Thank you so much!

Doppler and I are off to take another walk. I’ll catch you up on all the things he’s been doing in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment